Sunday, September 13, 2015

C'est La Vie

I was at home this weekend, and I had a lot of homework to catch up on, so I wore a pretty basic outfit. You can tell I was doing homework by my bun/ponytail hybrid. Here's to hoping these shorts can come out again before autumn starts! Up until now, I have avoided wearing anything remotely 'cute' while at college- I'm an incredibly messy eater, so I have labeled all of my white bottoms 'off-limits' until I feel like I will be able to control the weather, food, and drinks in a ten foot radius around me.

On another note, since this blog is primarily for me to remember certain things that happen to me that I feel

  1. are important
  2. were funny and will probably make me laugh forever
  3. are inspiring
  4. are surprising
...And so, I feel the need to share a story so you all can find some solace in someone else's sad/funny sorry.

Storytime! 
It was a hot and humid Thursday afternoon. There were, admittedly, some clouds in the sky, and the weather in the area had been for the most part rainy and stormy. Nevertheless, stubborn Sarah wanted to do some exercise that day. So off she went to eat lunch, and then to class. When she left her classroom, she noted the increase in clouds, so she ducked into another building, figuring that she would stay dry inside while the storm subsided. After almost an hour, she decided that the rain was much slower than she had expected, and so she supposed she would simply bike back to her apartment faster and get (at most) a few drops on her. Fast forward to halfway home. The clouds parted, and buckets of water decided to fall. Realizing that she was going to get wet no matter what, Sarah tried to bike faster. She saw one corner stood between her and the straight road that would lead her straight home. Upon turning the corner, the bike slid in a puddle. Attempting to brake, Sarah leaned slightly over onto her left side, and she felt her stomach drop. She was very well aware of what was about to happen. She stuck her leg out and bent it and squatted unevenly and dug her hip into the concrete. She was on her side, her bike jammed into her right shin, and her flip flop a few feet away, the stupid slippery thing. Angrily, Sarah got back on her bike, and started pedaling again, reminding herself that no one saw, she was fine. She was drenched now, and sore in a few places, but she was fine. Somewhere behind her, tires squeaked and there was the noise of water splashing about. Oh NO. NO NO NO NO NO. Sarah turned ever so slightly. Right behind her, in the same lane as her, the bus going back to her apartment stood, full to the brim with fellow students. Now furious and embarrassed and getting cold from the water in her clothes, Sarah pedaled harder- and within a matter of minutes, she was angrily locking her bike in its spot,and then squishing her way, step by step up the flight of stairs into her apartment, where she sat shivering for hours, her teeth chattering with anger over her unfortunate bike ride home, and her lack of sound decision making. 

If you guys ever have a bad or embarrassing moment, just know its okay, and that tomorrow will be better.   




That blogger pose where you crouch and look away because you're self concious of your under-eye bags. 



"I wasn't ready yet, I was trying to stretch."



"Wait, I can't see with the light in my eyes-"



If you cared to see what I was wearing without the shadows...


Top: Gap//Shorts: Lauren Conrad//Sandals: Ivanka Trump//Jewelry: bought in Colombia

Thanks for reading!! xx


4 comments:

  1. Sarah! I'm so sorry that happened to you but I'm glad you shared it with the internet. Hope the rest of the week was better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb haha. I appreciate your efforts to comfort me too hahaha

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately things like that happen in life, but thanks for sharing :)
    And your outfit is cute!

    Sugarcandycandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! Yeah, I hope someone benefits from hearing my embarrassing story.

      Delete