Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Now She's In Me, Always With Me.



Hi everyone!

So, as the dynamic duo, Jordan and I had to hit up thrift shops and secondhand stores, not only because we're broke college kids, but also because she was hunting for a flannel that was hopefully broken in and soft and extra cozy. I went in thinking I wouldn't buy anything because I'm very stingy and will not pay for anything unless I can find five ways to style the item with what I have at home.

And then I met this vintage seventies coat...

And I finally realized what it meant to fall in love.
Okay, that sounded very materialistic. But I was obsessed with the quality of the coat and how it has stood up to wear and tear that comes with age, and I have been looking for a statement piece that I can call my own and really make my own staple as I realize where I stand in style.

Putting the coat on, I became Penny Lane, and I had nothing to say. I smiled goofily, and I was even enticed to take a selfie- which if you know me, you'll know this never happens- and there's Jordan, watching me all amused as I take pictures of the glorious coat.










So, you're probably thinking, "Hmm, Sarah, did you buy this coat?"

Well, no. And it sucked. I had a moment of sensibility and put the coat on the hanger. But then I remembered that I've been trying to be more ethical when it comes to shopping since so many clothes are wasted every year and thrown out. Buying secondhand was cheaper, and here was the coat of my dreams (in my size, too. I'm slapping myself I feel so dumb), and it was a fraction of a denim jacket at the Gap. AND I PUT IT BACK ON THE HANGER AND LAUGHED IT OFF.

Bye, Penny Lane. Guess I won't meet the Band-Aids anytime soon.

Moral of the story: DON'T PUT BACK CHEAP STUFF THAT FITS YOU. Even less if its good quality, and comes from your favorite decade. Still slapping myself. 
Jordan offered to take me back and find my coat, since she saw how much it hurt me to leave the coat behind. See? I even referred to my coat as "MY" coat, haha. It's meant to be. Jordan, I know you're reading...Operation: Cool Off And Talk is still a thing. 
Anyway, since I was now walking lethargically due to the parting with my coat, we walked until we found an antique shop. We found a rather avant-garde shop, with items that are vintage but redone by local artists. The result was beyond awesome. I got so much inspiration by furniture and reupholstered love-seats that I'm now excited to get my own place in a few years and fix it up with secondhand stuff. 

Not sure what you could do with this large box, but I love that the inside of the box matches the red soles of Louboutin shoes. 

This has inspired my idea of what I want in my closet. The skirts are vintage too!

I still don't understand taxidermy, but this was another level of confusing.

vegan sandwich heaven at Empire Cafe.
Common Bond-ing. Ft. Jordan the Hipster.
Common Bond-Ing parte deux. She drank a latte, and I drank a chamomile tea.
We found the Biscuit Wall!
Outfit Details: Sweater: AE / Shorts: AF / Scarf: Gift / Oxfords:Steven by Steve Madden


Jordan and a really cool mural that we swear was not there last time. 


I liked this wall too much. It made me look vibrant. 


When you're a hipster but obvious to how hipster-y you look. 

There was my latest Montrose adventure! I hope you all learned to not give up what you want so easily for quickly ( ahem, my coat...*sniffles*). Thanks for reading!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment