Saturday, August 8, 2015

One Last Time!!


More like "One Last Adventure." More like "One Last Hurrah and Stuff." More like "One Last Attempt to Finish the Ultimate-Never-Ending-Bucket-List."

Annnyway, today, I have a guest to introduce! My best friend (actually, my oldest friend) Jordan joined me today on a quest. The objective: to go to the Montrose area in Houston. The goal? To actually get to know a popular, hipster-y area of our city. Plus, I figured it would up my hipster status a little bit. And as a an anxious college student in need of reassurance of her youth and ability to act immaturely, this was genius. So, in classic immature behavior, we set out today in search of food, coffee, small shops, independent stores, art, culture, vintage items, antiques, and photo opportunities. Besides, she's leaving soon (insert sobbing emoji + sad girl emoji), so it was only more motivating to take pictures of super cliche best friend poses, which, in our case today, came out hilarious, and I decided to keep a few unpublished so I can laugh at them later. So here goes- and I hope I inspire you all to travel your cities and immerse yourselves in them.

Shout-out to Jord for reading this. I call her 'Jord' (sometimes).
Jordan's Outfit:
Top: Agaci, Shorts: AE, Sandals: Target, Bag: Fossil, Accessories: gifts
Smiling at my jewels and laughing at the world...there was NO way I could get my scarf to look normal.


My outfit:
Top: H&M, Shorts: Gap, Sandals: Ivanka Trump, Bag: Fossil, Sunglasses: Target, Scarf: some indie shop
We found a cute vintage store with a matching mural...
And a few antique shops that were too dark for decent pictures but were very colorful and intriguing at the same time...

There were so many pretty mirrors to look at! Some of them were from as early as the fifties!

And an awesome photo that really screamed 1960's feminism...yeah, that's my head at the bottom right corner
And this mini statue that as extremely intricate given its petite size...

The last antique store we walked by...

A baby toy set in a glass case...
We found an even more colorful mural, which obviously meant more photos...

This counts as a smile I think...

We walked around a bit more until we found the Menil Collection- a free art gallery in Houston full of surrealist/modern/classic/ancient art...

And here are some trees that were a really intense green color near the Menil Collection...

The view from above...aka my two week old pedicure...

We never figured out if this coin had a symbolic or artistic meaning, or if that was the number of trees planted before this one...

GUYS GUYS GUYS- we found a swing in front of the Menil Collection...

We took turns, of course...

We found a spiritual chapel next door and figured, "why not?"

And we left five minutes later...

And we ended the day with some Starbucks, and good laughs. So it was basically like every episode of Cheers, except since we're not 21, we had Starbucks instead. So it was more like "Cheers: Basic Edition." 

All in all, it was awesome. And bittersweet at the same time. Thanks Jordan for hanging out today!!!! 

Love ya!- 
Your best friend

P.S. Who knew we were so stylish? I think we gained major hipster cred today. 

P.S.S. Bonus points to those who sang the title like Ariana Grande. You found the deeper meaning of the title and my reasons for using it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment